Project: Silsbee ISD
Silsbee Independent School District’s technology is on the move. With the assistance of Master Audio Visuals, Inc.,
Silsbee ISD recently added 52 Starboards with mounted Hitachi projectors and Calypso EZ Room Control Systems to our elementary classrooms.
Teachers are excited about the new technology and students are engaged in active learning in every classroom.
The students’ and teachers’ enthusiasm is contagious as optimal learning is taking place on the elementary campuses using the Starboards.
Administrators are noting a huge increase in the use of technology by the students in the classrooms.
The Technology Department is supporting teachers by providing “Lunch and Learn” to assist the teachers in learning the new technology.
The use of technology is becoming seamless as the teachers and the students become proficient with using the Starboards.
Silsbee ISD is privileged to have a forward thinking Administration and Board of Trustees that realize
the importance of technology as an integral part of education.
Silsbee ISD utilizes the following equipment:
- Hitachi FX-DUO 77, 77” Interactive Whiteboard with RM Easiteach Software
- Hitachi CP-X2510X, 2600 lumen XGA LCD projector with networking function
- Premier PDSFCTA4QL, universal projector mount
- Calypso ez-Room 100-650, consisting of Calypso CB-1000 wall mounted control pad, Calypso CP-650 faceplate,
Calypso CA-200 audio amplifier, Calypso 652WCM ceiling mounted speakers.
- Kramer VP-200N, VGA splitter/amplifier